Post Independent staff
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
NEW CASTLE, Colorado — Local writer James D. Kellogg has just published his first novel — part mystery, part love story, with a cast of characters that would do any action novel proud:
• A pair of sociopathic thugs posing as environmental activists and leaders of a band of eco-terrorists, but with a very devious and deadly agenda all their own.
• A deluded troop of shallow, sometimes greedily ambitious enviro-crats (environmental bureaucrats), in a small but very visible group called EcoFriends.
• The leader of EcoFriends, a charismatic man who appeared virtually out of nowhere to create the organization and make it a prominent player in the nonprofit world nearly overnight, but has a secret side that no one has guessed.
• An industrialist and developer of ski areas with a heart of gold, a steely grip on his corporate subordinates and a deep, long-standing friendship with a certain conservative Colorado senator working to stop a campaign finance reform bill (no party affiliation is given).
• A shadowy media mogul whose involvement in all the above-mentioned organizations is the subject of internal confusion as well as reader doubt.
• A hardy young idealist with conservative leanings who works for EcoFriends but is worried that the organization, and his own little world, are both about to veer off the tracks of a once-stable existence.
That, in a nutshell, sums up the opening gambit of “E-Force,” published initially as an e-book by Wild Child Publishing. …Read More…